As a branch of medicine, dermatology is one which deals with the health of the outer covers of the human body – the skin, hair and nails. Therefore a dermatologist is an expert you consult when you have issues with your skin, nails or hair. But in a broader sense, dermatology involves not only mere diagnosis and treatment of various conditions but also research regarding various health related aspects of the skin, hair and nails. These conditions may include normal diseases of the skin to serious conditions like cancers.
On the other hand, cosmetology is a branch that entails treatments and procedures aimed at improving the appearance of a person. Cosmetologists too provide various procedures related to the skin and hair. However these conditions are not serious. In most cases these procedures are carried out with the sole aim of enhancing the beauty of the patient. The cosmetology industry has seen immense expansion in recent years and is continuously expanding. People are now getting increasingly conscious about their appearance and beauty is something everyone is searching for. Therefore people are always looking for the best cosmetologist in India to enhance their appearance and make them more beautiful.
The need for a dermatologist though is not something that has arisen in the recent past. Dermatologists in Mumbai have always been in demand. Diseases of the skin and those related to the hair have been affecting people right from the start of humanity. Skin diseases in particular have always bothered mankind. Especially in a country like ours where pollution levels are high and food habits are becoming more and more unhealthy by the day, the need for the best dermatologists in India is never-ending. People with highly stressful lives rarely get the chance to lead a healthy life where they get a chance to take care of their bodies. In metro cities like Delhi, Mumbai etc, the situation seems even more dire, where a high-paced life compounded with very high levels of air pollution make it even worse. So people will always look for the best dermatologist in Mumbai.
As mentioned, disorders of the skin and hair are very common. Few of the very common conditions are:
– This happens when hair follicles are blocked by the clogging of oil of the skin and dead cells. It is very common for a person to look for the best acne treatment in Mumbai since acne pimples are very bad for the appearance for a person.
- Moles and warts
– Moles are spots on the skin that are generally developed in childhood. When small in size or in places that go unnoticed, they need no interference. But when they appear very prominently on the face, or are very large in size, it is natural for patients to seek removal.
– It is another disease that happens when there is a loss of pigmentation in patches in the skin. This condition is very bad for the appearance of a person and if you have this, always seek consultation from the best skin doctor in Mumbai.
Cosmetology though is more about improving beauty rather than treating diseases. Of course when a skin disease ruins the appearance of the patient, a cosmetologist will come in to take care of the anomaly. But cosmetologists are also consulted in case of no disease. There are several things that require beauty enhancement, where cosmetologists work their magic. Some of these things are:
- Wrinkled skin
– This makes you look older than you are, and therefore a cosmetologist will sit with you and discuss ways to get rid of them. Procedures like chemical peeling and fillers help in the anti-aging treatments.
- Dark Circles
– Again another very common condition that affects people undergoing stress. A cosmetologist will suggest creams and topical agents to improve the condition.
- Dark skin
– A problem of hyperpigmentation, a cosmetologist will suggest creams and topical agents, or conduct skin whitening procedures to ensure a fair skin.
These are some of the problems that can be gotten rid of by a dermatologist and cosmetologist in Mumbai. In fact, a top skin specialist in Mumbai will be equipped with all the latest technology available and provide you with a result that you will not achieve elsewhere.
Dr Rinky Kapoor is one of those best dermatologists in Mumbai who can give you the appearance you need. Cofounder of The Esthetic Clinics in Mumbai, Dr Rinky Kapoor is probably the best skin doctor in Mumbai. She is a visiting fellow at the Stanford Medical School and is also the founder of the Aesthetic Centre at the Apollo Health City in Hyderabad. She is counted among the best skin specialist doctors in Mumbai and is probably the best at cosmetic dermatology in India having trained under some of the best in the world. So if you think you have a skin related problem, make sure you consult Dr Rinky Kapoor.