Skin Rejuvenation Treatment Cost in Mumbai, India
We all do the best we can to take good care of our skin and keep it soft and supple. Glass skin is what we all want. The wide array of products including moisturizers, cleansers, sunscreens and serums are common safeguards that help the skin. Strict skin care regimens that include cleansing, exfoliating, and nourishing work towards preventing the signs of ageing and fighting external exposures to prevent breakouts and uneven skin texture.
But sometimes these routines are just not enough and the skin colour, texture and quality become compromised. Signs of ageing start to creep in and the skin becomes prone to discolouration, dullness and other irregularities. Even simple lifestyle habits such as smoking, drinking, late night binges can cause the skin to look lifeless.
If you too have been faithfully protecting your skin against elements but ageing, sun exposure, and other factors are causing the wrinkles to appear and skin to feel dry then it is time to think about skin rejuvenation treatments. Skin rejuvenation treatments like laser skin resurfacing are a simple and cost-effective way to bring the lost glow back to your skin, cover up pigmentation and scars, improve the skin texture and restore a restful and youthful complexion. These days our expert dermatologists have high-end rejuvenation techniques at their disposal that do not require you to go under the knife and are minimally invasive.
What is Skin Rejuvenation?
The skin rejuvenation umbrella includes all the treatments and procedures that improve the quality of the skin. As we age the skin tissues start to lose their firmness, collagen and elastin fibres decline and the skin becomes more susceptible to damage and its effects start to show. Skin rejuvenation has a wide range of options available and the selection depends on the skin concern you want to rectify. They can be widely classified as
- Thermal or heat rejuvenation is aimed to rejuvenate the skin by mobilizing cell regeneration and targeting the deep layers of the skin.
- Chemical rejuvenation is when specific chemicals are applied to the top layer of the skin to peel it off and reveal the undamaged skin underneath.
- Photo rejuvenation is the latest and uses light energy to repair the skin cells and trigger natural skin healing. Laser skin rejuvenation is a type of photo rejuvenation and it can be highly customized.
A skilful combination of the three gives the best results but keep in mind that too many skin treatments will only make your skin woes worse and not better.
When should you start looking for Skin Rejuvenation Treatment?
Anybody can go for skin rejuvenation. The skin starts to show the signs of ageing in usually the early 30s and that is when you need to up your skincare gain to prevent dark spots, pigmentation and sagging skin. Assuming that you follow a regular CTM routine and always remove makeup before going to bed, your 30s is a good time to start with basic laser skin resurfacing, peels and photo facials. The frequency and depth of these treatments increase as you age.
People noticing signs of ageing or skin damage can go in for skin rejuvenation treatments. Just make sure you keep the requisite gap between the treatments to avoid damage to the skin. However, people who are undergoing medications such as acne treatment or skin cancer treatments. Discuss your medical history with your dermatologist before seeking any skin rejuvenation treatment.
Types of Skin Rejuvenation Treatments.
The common options used by some of the best dermatologists worldwide include
- Carbon peeling
- PRP or the platelet-rich plasma therapy
- IPL or the intense pulse light therapy
- DNA skin treatments
- Ultherapy and other HIFU (high-frequency ultrasound procedures)
- Dermal fillers for facial skin
- Laser skin resurfacing
- Chemical peels
Which is the best Skin Rejuvenation Treatment for your skin?
We all want that dewy, no-makeup skin regardless of age. Masks, glycolic and retinol serums and scrubs, and home exfoliations can help but the glass skin still remains elusive doesn’t it? Skin resurfacing treatments such as dermabrasion, micro-needling and peels are good and take you a step closer but if you are looking to get there faster and remain like that for a long time then laser skin rejuvenation is the gold standard treatment to opt for.
Lasers are supercharged tools that can target many skin problems at once such as acne scaring, acne, sun spots, fine lines, wrinkles, stretch marks, warts, birthmarks, spider veins and even tattoos.
How does Laser Skin Rejuvenation Treatment work?
Lasers are precise tools that remove damaged or pigmented skin cells. This is a very delicate treatment and should only be performed by a qualified dermatologist. Lasers remove the damaged skin layer by layer without causing harm to the nearby skin. You won’t have to stay in the hospital for this treatment. The different types of laser treatments include
- Ablative lasers: These are a powerful kind of lasers. They use intense light on the skin and the wavelength is such that it removes the top and part of the second layer of the skin. Ablative lasers heat the water un the skin causing the vaporization of the skin cells. As a result, the skin responds by making new and younger-looking skin which is tighter, and firmer, has fewer fine lines and wrinkles and is free of scars, spots and skin growths. The collagen stimulation continues long after the treatment and skin texture keeps improving. The recovery time is about a week and the final results take about six months to appear. In case of deeper scars, or wrinkles more than one treatment might be needed. Common Ablative lasers include Carbon dioxide laser and erbium YAG (Er: YAG) lasers. CO2 lasers are very effective and work for all skin tones but Erbium lasers have fewer side effects and can be customized to suit different skin tones.
- Non-ablative lasers: These lasers are also commonly known as the non-wounding lasers. They work by targeting the deeper skin tissue without injuring the surface of the skin. The result is skin healing that starts at the tissue level. These types of lasers are very suitable for people with darker skin tones. The results continue to improve long after the treatment.
- Fractioned lasers: These are the latest gold standards in skin rejuvenation treatments. Most dermatologists have switched to factional CO2 lasers because of their highly effective targeted treatments. Fractioned lasers only destroy the target i.e. they cause small damages in the skin tissues that help them heal faster. The light is delivered in a pixelated or digital fashion. The results are all the benefits of the ablative lasers but less downtime because the healing is faster and more precise. These can be safely used on all skin types and tones. Fractioned lasers can be non-ablative too and used to treat age pots and acne scars.
There are other types of lasers too that are used to treat specific skin conditions such as rosacea, spider veins, melasma, scar removal etc. The commonly used ones are Q-switched, pulsed dye, Nd:YAG, and Pico lasers.
Benefits of Laser Skin Rejuvenation Treatment
With so many options of lasers available the benefits of lasers in skin rejuvenation are also limitless
- It can heal prominent age spots, hyperpigmentation, and blemishes in one go
- It is relatively painless
- Lasers can be customized and are flexible modes of treatments
- The results last for a long time and continue to improve
- There are little or no side effects
- It can be modified to treat light to deep wrinkles and lines
- Lasers are also used for hair removal, fat loss and tattoo removal which can be combined with skin rejuvenation procedures also.
- Lasers have little recovery time
Side effects of Skin Rejuvenation Treatments
Lasers, peels, and microdermabrasion may cause the skin to become red and swollen but these are very temporary effects and go away in a day or two. All you need to do is to follow the doctor’s instructions for post-treatment care and never forget to wear sunscreen.
The recovery time post-skin rejuvenation depends on the type of procedure selected. Lasers might cause some scarring and scabbing and dermabrasion can make the face a bit tender. But usually, the recovery time is less than a week.
Skin Rejuvenation Treatment Cost in Mumbai, India
The cost of skin rejuvenation is majorly dependent on the type of treatment chosen and the number of sessions needed. However, there are other factors too that affect the cost of skin rejuvenation treatments. These include
- The location of the clinic
- The technique used by the practitioner
- the skin type and tone
- any treatments combined with it
The price is also influenced by your age. If you have deep wrinkles and lines then the treatment can be a combination of treatments which increase the overall cost of skin rejuvenation. You can discuss the costs with your doctor in detail and work out suitable payment plans according to your budget. The price of chemical peels is less than laser resurfacing treatments.
Before and after results
The results of skin rejuvenation treatments are clearly visible in the before and after photos. Depending on the treatment chosen the results last from 4 weeks to up to 1 year. You will notice a considerable tightening of the skin and a reduction in the lines and lacklustre appearance of the skin.
Tips to Rejuvenate the Skin
The skin is a living organ, it keeps generating new cells and shedding old ones. However, as we grow old this process slows down and skin laxity decreases causing dullness, spots and other signs of ageing. The dead skin cells start to accumulate on the surface of the skin causing the loss of glow and clogged pores causing breakouts. Skincare is a continuous process and the skin rejuvenation treatments will last longer and also help keep the skin healthy for a long-long time if you follow some basic skin rejuvenation in between such as
- Use a gentle home exfoliator suitable to your skin at least once a week to remove dead skin cells.
- When choosing cosmetic products look for non-comedogenic products that do not clog the pores. Natural ingredients are also a good option.
- Drink water regularly to hydrate your skin from the inside.
- Take a healthy diet to nourish your skin
- If you have oily skin or sensitive skin then make sure that you use skin care products that are made for your skin type. This is to avoid clogged pores and pigmentation.
- Invest in a good sunscreen of SPF 40+++ and above to protect your skin from UVA and UVB rays.
- Use the face scrub only once or twice a week. Overusing the scrubs can damage the skin and cause even more breakouts and dehydration
- Include at least 30 minutes of exercise in your daily routine.
Opt for skin rejuvenation treatments only from expert dermatologists from reputed skin clinics only.
Before and After Photos of Skin Rejuvenation Treatment –
Frequently Asked Questions of Skin Rejuvenation Treatment –
Question 1:- What is Skin Rejuvenation Treatment, and how does it work?
Skin Rejuvenation Treatment is a non-invasive cosmetic procedure that uses various techniques such as lasers, intense pulsed light, and radiofrequency to improve skin texture, reduce wrinkles, and promote collagen production.
Question 2:- What are the benefits of Skin Rejuvenation Treatment?
Skin Rejuvenation Treatment can help to improve skin texture, reduce fine lines and wrinkles, tighten and firm sagging skin, reduce hyperpigmentation and sun damage, and promote collagen production.
Question 3:- How many treatments are needed, and how long do the results last?
The number of Skin Rejuvenation Treatments needed depends on the individual’s skin condition, and the results can last up to a year or longer with proper skincare and maintenance.
Referral Links Sections:-