Dark Circle Treatment in Mumbai, India
One of the most prevalent problems for people, especially for women, is the problem of dark circles under the eyes. With the modern day scenario demanding so much dedication towards our careers, stress is a reality. It is a way of life that no person can avoid. Working long hours and not getting enough sleep is pretty common in today’s world. People who have to undergo this distress can obviously relate to having this problem. Overall, a lot of stress results in forming not only under eye bags; it also causes dark circles under the eyes. Yes, dark circles under the eyes are what we are talking about. When it comes to dark circles treatment India sees people visiting centres more and more across the country.
Causes of under eye dark circles and the need for their treatment
If you stand in front of the mirror, and notice dark circles under your eyes, you will feel that you look pretty tired. This is because tiredness and stress is the top cause of dark circle formation under the eyes. However, this is not the only cause of dark circles under the eyes. There are several other lifestyle choices that people make that contributes to the formation of dark circles. These include smoking, excess consumption of alcohol, sleeping less than 8 hours on a daily basis, drinking low quantities of water, excess caffeine consumption etc. Lifestyle choices are the main reasons why for under eye dark circles treatment India has most patients visiting dermatologists.
While these are the causes of dark circles that involve making lifestyle choices, there are certain other conditions that can contribute to under eye dark circle formation. These are loss of volume from the face and cheeks, loss of volume from under the eyes, nasal congestion, melasma which is a hyperpigmentation disorder and other problems like hypothyroidism. In fact, even hormonal imbalances have been known to cause dark circles.
Types of dark circles treatment India has available
There are various modes of treatment that exist for dark circle treatment. These aim at not only treating the underlying cause and improving your lifestyle, they also primarily target the dark circles itself. These medicines include:
- Topical creams and lotions for treatment of dark circles
– These are basically skin bleaching agents that work on hyperpigmented areas. Dark areas that are caused by melasma or exposure to sun too can be treated this way. When it comes to dark circles treatment India sees people opting for this mode of treatment the most.
- Intense Pulsed Light treatment
– Intense Pulsed Light or IPL is a treatment therapy that is aimed at enhancing the skin colour right under the eyes. This treatment procedure is especially useful when blood vessels and are visible under the eyes in the form of purple or dark blue circles. However, due to its vicinity around eyes, ILP treatment for dark circles may not be recommended by all dermatologists or cosmetologists as the top and best choice.
- Laser resurfacing
– This type of treatment method is quite common. Laser resurfacing treatment works by encouraging increased collagen production under the eyes. This causes skin to be more youthful and smooth. Laser resurfacing is often used as a skin whitening treatment too.
- Chemical Peel Treatment
– Chemical peeling is also another effective way to encourage the formation of new skin by peeling off the stratum corneum. The upper layer exfoliates and new youthful skin forms under the eyes. This gets rid of the dark circles under the eyes. When it comes to dark circles treatment Mumbai has patients opting for this popular method as one of the best choices.
– Certain chemicals like hyaluronic acid are injected into the skin under the eyes which corrects dark circles by negating the fat or tissue loss under the eyes. However this treatment is not permanent and might need enhancement after a couple of months. Sometimes even fat injections are recommended. Fat is taken from other areas of the body and injected under the eyes or upper cheeks. This is useful when dark circle formation is due to the thinning or fat loss under the eyes.
– People who are willing to go for invasive procedures in order to get rid of their dark circles can opt for a surgery. Blepharoplasty or eyelid surgery is helpful for getting rid of dark circles permanently. Here the lower eyelid is targeted.
- Cheek lift
– This procedure is used to remove dark circles as well as puffiness right under the eyes. This is common with people with aging.
Prevention of dark circles as a part of the treatment
As mentioned above, stress seems to be the biggest trigger of under eye dark circles. Therefore getting enough rest and sleep is essential if you want to prevent the formation of dark circles. Smoking and alcohol consumption too should be discouraged in those who suffer from dark circles. Fluid intake is a must.
Dr Rinky Kapoor is a top dermatologist based in Mumbai. She has cofounded The Esthetic Clinics in Mumbai , which is one of the best dermatological centres in the whole of Asia. Dr Rinky Kapoor is a visiting fellow at the Stanford Medical School and has trained under some of the best dermatologists and cosmetic surgeons in the world. So for dark circles treatment Mumbai is the place to be.