What is BB Glow?
A glowing and countered skin is everyone’s dream. To wake up with the perfect skin and not to worry about cakey makeup or spend some extra time before going to the office and parties getting the perfect makeup is like having a perfect life. Every woman dreams of waking with clear, contoured, and flawless skin in the morning and staying that way the whole day. Fortunately, the latest revolution in the skincare and beauty world, is the Korean BB glow treatment.
While it is still new for the rest of the world, Korean beauty skin care has been using BB glow facial treatment for quite some time now. BB stands for beauty balm or blemish balm. It is a fast, safe, and effective treatment that has become extremely popular in the last few years. It is one of the most sought-after facial treatments of recent times. Unlike other facials whose effects wear off in some time; the results of the BB glow treatment last for a very long time. You can also call it permanent makeup that creates the looks of foundation hence it is also called semi-permanent foundation. The result of this treatment is a completely natural-looking, semi-permanent foundation for your skin that makes it look like you are wearing the highest quality waterproof makeup that will not get cakey or rub off.
What are the benefits of BB glow treatment?
There are many benefits of BB glow treatment including
- Skin whitening and skin rejuvenating
- It does not overstimulate the skin like traditional facials
- Gives a soft and glossy look to the skin
Skin issues that BB glow facial can reduce the appearance of
- Skin discolorations like undereye circles, freckles, redness, age spots
- Acne scars
- Wrinkles and fine lines
- Dull and dehydrated skin
- Blemishes and discolorations
- redness and broken capillaries caused because of rosacea
- Blackhead and pores
Keep in mind that bb glow facial is not a treatment for skin problems it is a semi-permanent makeup for the skin It has many direct and indirect benefits that will give your personality more confidence. Among the benefits of BB glow facial treatment include
- Unlike other makeup, it does not clog your pores or cause breakouts. The pigment is under your skin and not on top of it.
- It gives instant radiant and beautiful complexion results and therefore you are party ready any time
- It hydrates the skin
- BB glow does not wash off. So you can enjoy your favourite activity like swimming, jogging working out and sweat as much as you want but still have flawless skin and an amazing glow.
- BB glow serums are filled with natural and potent nutrients. It infuses your skin with antioxidants, vitamins, and other ingredients necessary to keep the skin looking fresh and youthful.
- It improves the texture and quality of the skin naturally.
- The micro-needling technique used creates micro wounds deep in the skin which pushes the skin into healing mode and stimulates natural collagen and elastin production in the skin which tightens the skin, regenerates healthy and new skin cells, and results in tighter, firmer, and plumper skin.
- It can be customized to target specific skin issues and all skin types. The Korean BB glow facial has many special formulas for treating different skin issues.
- It reduces melanin content in the skin before and after sun exposure.
Why and when you need a BB glow treatment?
Anybody can have BB glow treatment done if
- Do you have any skin issues that you would like to cover up
- you want to improve the overall skin state
- you have back-to-back functions to attend and you want to look perfect or won’t have the time to redo your makeup
- You want to cover freckles, age spots, sunspots, lax skin, etc.
Who should not get a BB glow treatment?
Don’t opt for BB glow treatment if
- you are pregnant or nursing
- you are undergoing cancer treatment
- Do you have active acne or psoriasis
- you are suffering from a skin infection
- your skin is prone keloid scarring
- your skin is prone to allergies to cosmetic products
- you are taking any blood thinning medications
- Do you have skin cancer or any open wounds
- you have recently undergone any soft tissue fillers
How is BB glow treatment done?
BB glow treatment is a multi-step treatment and is done in a professional setting. These steps include
- Step 1: In this, the skin is cleaned of any dirt, makeup, skincare residues, bacteria, and oil. A gentle cleanser is used for this purpose. This is chosen on the basis of your skin type.
- Step 2: In this step, an exfoliating gel is applied to the skin. This is a form of chemical peel. It removes the pores, clears the dead skin, and makes the skin ready for receiving the next step. The gel is not massaged on the skin but just left for a few minutes’ i.e. sensitive skin for 2 minutes, normal skin- for 3 minutes, and oily skin for up to 5 minutes.
- Step 3: A toner is applied to the skin to neutralize the activity of the chemical peel. This is necessary to restore the normal pH of the skin and hydrate the skin.
- Step 4: Is micro-needling or nano-needling. This is the stage in which the serum is infused into the skin to treat various skin issues. A custom booster serum is tailored to meet your skin needs. The serum is applied using a derma pen and is moved across the face in circular motions.
- Step 5: This is the final stage of applying a tinted serum to get the foundation makeup look. This is also done using the micro/nano needling device. Depending on the skin colour the practitioner will select the right shade of serum. Darker colours are used for contouring and rosy shades mimic the blush. Tiny dots of serum are placed all over the skin of the face and then the device is used to blend them in. the residual is massaged in the skin.
- Step 6: This step is to apply a super hydrating mask on the skin that calms the skin, soothes any inflammation, and prevents the skin from drying out. This step takes around 15 minutes.
The entire procedure can be done in about 1-2 hours but can take longer if combined with other activities like LED therapy or other facials. The treatment does not hurt, the maximum discomfort that an individual can feel is during the chemical peel which might sting a bit.
How many sessions of BB glow are needed?
You can see the results from the first session itself but for the full effect, 3-5 sessions can be required. The skin saturation builds over time and the effects show up on the skin gradually. For more severe issues one might have to take more than 5 sessions to ensure the longevity of the results.
How to prepare for Korean BB glow Facial Treatments
There are no complicated preparations involved in BB facials. This is an outpatient procedure, all you need to do is
- Stop using Vitamin A derivatives like retinol, retin-A etc. 3-5 days before the treatment.
- Ask your doctor’s advice about discontinuing blood thinners for some time before the treatment
- Do a patch test to check the ingredients
- Avoid tanning treatments.
BB Glow Aftercare
The effects of a BB glow treatment last for about 4-8 months depending on how good care you take of your skin. Here is what you should do
- Don’t touch for face post-treatment
- Avoid sweating or washing your face for 24 hours post-treatment
- Use a mild cleanser and lukewarm water after 24 hours
- Avoid makeup for 2 days post-treatment
- Avoiding swimming or gyming for 7 days
- Always wear sunscreen
- No need to go for another facial or some harsh skin care such as vitamin C or retinol for 8 weeks post-treatment.
It takes about 14 days for the skin to heal completely and for the pigments to settle in. The results of BB glow facials are cumulative i.e. with each subsequent treatment you will notice that the results last longer and the treatments become fewer over time
How much does getting a BB glow cost?
BB glow is a semi-permanent makeup solution and its cost depends on the number of sessions needed to get the expected results. Other factors affecting the price of a Korean BB glow facial include the package you choose, your provider’s expertise, and the location of your salon. The serum and tint used in BB facial are customized and this also affects the cost of BB facial. If you book several sessions in advance then you might get a package discount. For the best results make sure you chose a salon that uses only high-quality products and micro-needling.
Before and After Photos of Korean BB Glow Treatment –
Frequently Asked Questions of Korean BB Glow Treatment –
Question 1:- How long does a Korean BB Glow Treatment session take?
A Korean BB Glow Treatment session typically takes between 60 to 90 minutes.
Question 2:- How long does the BB Glow effect last?
The BB Glow effect from Korean BB Glow Treatment can last between 3 to 6 months, depending on individual skin type and aftercare.
Question 3:- Does Korean BB Glow Treatment involve needles?
Korean BB Glow Treatment does not involve needles; it is a non-invasive treatment that uses a micro-needling device with nano-sized needles to deliver BB serum into the skin.
Referral Links Sections:-