CO2 Laser Treatment: Is it the Ultimate Solution for Ageing Skin
Anti-aging is one of the most talked about topics around the world of skin care for years and years. Fine lines, wrinkles and sagging skin are the most common concerns among men and women of today. Ageing, pollution, gravity and our lifestyles (including diet, hydration and the exercises we do) often take a toll on the skin which can sometimes cause damage that may seem irreparable. But worry not, CO2 laser treatments are the superheroes to the rescue for all the skin worries.
How does CO2 laser treatments work?
The revolutionary CO2 lasers treatments utilize the light wavelength of 10600 nanometre (mid-infrared spectrum). This wavelength of light is primarily attracted to water. Since our skin is 65% water, when this laser light falls on it, it creates heat and micro and controlled injuries under the skin. this results in skin tightening and promotes quick skin healing resulting in rejuvenated skin. this tool is a great option for reversing the signs of effects of ageing and sun exposure.
For the CO2 laser resurfacing cost in India, the benefits for skin are too many. CO2 (carbon dioxide) lasers are commonly used in dermatology and cosmetic procedures by top cosmetic surgeons, plastic surgeons and dermatologist to address various signs of aging easily. These lasers work by emitting a concentrated beam of light that vaporizes or removes the outer layers of skin, promoting collagen production and skin tightening. CO2 lasers are popular because of their versatility and can be used in resurfacing, excision and incisional treatments. Some common skin issues that CO2 lasers can effectively treat include:
- Wrinkles and Fine Lines: because the skin starts to make more collage and cell turnover increasers the fine lines and wrinkles reduce as the skin tighten up after CO2 lasers treatments.
- Sun Damage and Brown Spots: CO2 lasers can target and reduce the appearance of sunspots, age spots, and other pigmentation irregularities caused by sun exposure over the years by exfoliating the top layers of the skin.
- Uneven Skin Texture: The laser’s ability to resurface the skin and improving cell turnover can lead to an improvement in the texture of the skin, making it smoother and more even.
- Acne Scars: CO2 lasers can help minimize the appearance of acne scars by removing the damaged outer layers of skin and promoting the growth of new, smoother skin.
- Skin Laxity: The heat from CO2 lasers stimulates collagen production, which can result in tighter and more youthful-looking skin, reducing sagging and laxity.
- Skin Tone and Discoloration: CO2 lasers can help improve overall skin tone by addressing issues such as redness, blotchiness, and uneven pigmentation.
- Large Pores: CO2 lasers can reduce the appearance of large pores by resurfacing and exfoliating the skin and promoting collagen and elastin remodelling.
- Stretch Marks: While complete removal of stretch marks is difficult, CO2 laser treatments can help fade their appearance by encouraging collagen production and improving skin texture.
- Skin Rejuvenation: CO2 lasers provide an overall rejuvenation to the skin by promoting a more youthful appearance, improving radiance, and enhancing skin quality.
- Mole and Wart removal: The lasers can cut the wart and destroy the virus causing warts
- Scars such as burn scars, keloid and hypertrophic scars,
- Birthmarks: lasers are used to break up the birthmarks and even out the skin.
Is co2 laser treatment cost in India worth it?
The success rate of Laser Skin resurfacing using CO2 lasers are more than 85% which is considerably higher than any other long term treatment methods. CO2 laser treatments are considered more aggressive and may require more downtime compared to some other treatments. Recovery can involve redness, swelling, and peeling of the treated skin. Additionally, individuals with certain skin types or conditions, such as darker skin tones, may need to exercise caution when considering CO2 laser treatments due to the risk of pigmentation changes or scarring. As with any medical procedure, it’s essential to consult with a qualified dermatologist or medical professional before undergoing CO2 laser treatment to determine if it’s appropriate for your individual needs and skin type.
The results of lasers take some time to appear and are often subtle and gradual. Therefore, you will need to have some patience and avoid sun exposure during the recovery time. When considering co2 laser resurfacing cost in India, one must be aware of the benefits of CO2 laser treatments such as
- Higher precision
- Lower cost than plastic surgery and face lift
- Minimally invasive
- Lower downtimes
- Tissue selectivity
- Ease of administration i.e., lasers can be done as an outpatient procedure and do not need an elaborate setup.
Factors affecting the CO2 laser treatment price in India
Before you finalize getting a treatment understanding the price aspect of it is very important. CO2 laser skin treatments are cosmetic procedures and hence not covered by insurance. Hera are some important things to consider
1. Location where you will get the laser skin treatment
The cost of the treatment in Major cities where the cost of living is high is more than the places where the cost of living is moderate. If you are looking for an affordable service then look for expert providers that have excellent patient reviews albeit no to luxury offices. Smaller cities and suburban areas offer lower prices for CO2 laser treatment as they are competing to draw in the patients.
2. The credentials and expertise of the cosmetic surgeon or dermatologist
As we have mentioned earlier, CO2 laser treatment is an aggressive and intense cosmetic treatment. In correctly used it can cause darkening of skin, more pigmentation and even burns and scarring. Hence you need a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon or cosmetic surgeon with great expertise and years of experience using lasers. Therefore, the key to having the best results from the laser treatment is to not go for the cheapest but rather pay for experience.
3. Type of CO2 laser used
The term CO2 laser just denotes the specific wavelength of the laser. It is also further classified into ablative, non-ablative, fractional and non-fractional lasers. Different brands have different types of lasers and therefore ask your dermatologists about which one will suit your skin concern the best. All types of lasers use carbon dioxide as a medium to generate the laser beam but they differ in terms of how they deliver energy to the skin during the procedure.
Non-Fractional (Traditional) CO2 Lasers:
Non-fractional CO2 lasers are also known as fully ablative lasers. These lasers deliver a continuous beam of laser energy to the entire surface of the skin being treated. The energy is absorbed by the skin, causing controlled damage to the outer layers. This process removes the damaged skin cells and promotes collagen production in the deeper layers of the skin. Non-fractional CO2 lasers are effective for treating severe signs of aging and significant skin concerns like deep wrinkles, pronounced sun damage, and certain types of scars.
However, the recovery time for non-fractional CO2 laser treatments is usually longer compared to fractional lasers. Patients may experience significant redness, swelling, and require several weeks for complete healing.
Fractional CO2 Lasers:
Fractional CO2 lasers, on the other hand, deliver the laser energy in a fractionated pattern, meaning that the laser beam is divided into numerous microscopic beams or columns. These columns of laser energy create small, controlled zones of damage in the skin, leaving areas of untouched skin in between. This approach stimulates the skin’s natural healing process and encourages the production of new collagen and healthy skin cells. Fractional CO2 lasers are effective for treating a variety of skin concerns because of their precision with less downtime compared to non-fractional lasers.
1. The size of the treatment area
Generally, laser treatments target the entire face or the body but if the patient desires they can be used to just target the small areas. For example, if you are just concerned about the forehead lines then the practitioner can target that or if you are feeling conscious about pigmentation on your hands then they can be treated. Selected treatment reduces the co2 laser treatment price in India and makes it more affordable. Larger treatment areas take more time, have more downtime and also amp up the cost of CO2 laser treatment in India.
2. How many sessions of CO2 laser treatment will you need?
The treatment time varies with the skin type and the severity of the issue. Most people will need a series of treatments in case of fractional lasers and this will affect the cost of CO2 laser treatments in India. In case of ablative lasers usually one treatment is enough to show the desired results hence the laser resurfacing cost in India is calculated accordingly. Most clinics offer package pricing for the series of treatment and sometimes you can get good deals on those too.
Treatment procedure for CO2 laser skin resurfacing program
The procedure for CO2 skin laser resurfacing treatment is actually quite simple:
- The area to be treated is cleaned
- A local anaesthesia is applied
- The patient is given eye shield to wear to protect against laser beams
- The laser is moved on the skin for treatment
- The total process takes about 30-45 mins to complete
- The practitioner will clean the area and apply a soothing and antibiotic cream on the area.
- The patient is given sunscreen to apply on the treatment area
The patient can go home the same day post treatment and resume normal daily activities.
CO2 laser treatment price in India varies with many factors and hence it is important that you get the individual pricing for your concern before starting the treatment.