HOW TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT MEDI FACIAL TREATMENT FOR YOUR SKIN CONCERNS
The environment around us is changing every day and so is the way you take care of your skin. The skin goes through a lot of intrinsic and extrinsic stress every day and hence your skin care routine also needs to evolve to combat all kind of dynamic stress and keep the skin healthy, strong and bright.
For ages now facials have been one of the favourite skin treatments for women for some advanced skin care. Facials are usually done in beauty salons and anybody with a basic knowledge of massage techniques usually calls themselves a facial expert. While facials do help in improving circulation in the skin and giving it a temporary glow they have many disadvantages too such as
- Facials do not address the core skin issue. While there are some general facials such as brightening, glow etc. they are not specific formulations to treat acne, or exfoliate the skin.
- Facials do not have long term effects and have superficial results. The creams and packs of facials target the top layer of the skin only and hence the results fade as the skin regenerates itself.
- Thirdly facials if not done according to skin type or by an expert can cause damage to the skin in forms of breakouts, acne and rashes.
- Usually involve the use of chemical bleaches that harm the top layer of the skin and may lead to premature sings of ageing.
Facials have now become old school and the latest advancement in non-invasive beauty treatments are Medi-facial or Medical facials. You will not see them in your every neighbourhood salons as they are only done by a qualified and experienced dermatologist who will help your skin look flawless.
What are Medi facials?
In principle they are just like your regular facials but with much more advanced techniques and ingredients. These dermatological treatments use well researched and scientific ingredients to solve multiple skin issues and bring the youthful and rested glow back to the skin. Medical facials (medicine + facials) are not just use of creams, and packs but they include skin care tools to target specific skin aliment like skin damage, sensitivity, dehydration, lack lustre skin, skin darkening, dark spots , blemishes, scarring etc.
Medi facials are made with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, amino acids, botanicals and other skin essential nutrients that are good for the skin and give long term benefits. They don’t just work on the surface of the skin, instead they nourish and rejuvenate it from inside resulting in beautiful skin without any side effects. The best thing about a Medi facial treatment is that it can be customized to suit every skin type- even the extra sensitive one!
How are Medi-facials different from your regular facials?
A Medi facial is an enhanced treatment devised with a specific goal in mind for the skin. it is not about skin pampering but it is about improving the skin’s underlying health. The results of regular facial are only skin deep whereas Medi facials penetrate the dermis thus promoting healing and repair at a much deeper level.
Medi facials are delivered by trained cosmetologist, dermatologist and skin experts to address various skin troubles like sun damage, skin spots, broken capillaries, signs of ageing and many more.
How to Choose the Right Medi Facial Treatment for Your Skin Concerns
Medi facials are of many different types. They are suitable for everybody because the skin experts use specific skin type ingredient to treat the skin disorder. They have gained a lot of popularity in the recent years and this is not just hearsay. Even a single session of Medi-facial can be exceptionally beneficial for you by
- Having a calming and soothing effect for your skin. it will bring down swelling and inflammation on the skin. A Medi-facial expert knows how to use the right amount of pression to relax, renew and glow your skin.
- Helping treat acne and reduce the bacterial breakouts as the special anti-acne serums reach the deep layers of the skin helping clean the pores and maintain the healthy oil balance.
- Giving an even skin tone and texture to the skin. The various techniques used stimulate collagen production and elastin development in the skin that help tighten and lift the skin and you can bid good bye to the visible sings of ageing such as fine lines, wrinkles, spots etc.
- Being customization as per your skin type: Medi facials can be designed for sensitive, oil, normal and dry skin as well.
- They are safe and clinically proven: Medi facials use a combination of lasers, light therapy, chemical and physical exfoliation and skin care ingredients to treat the skin without causing any damage.
- Being completely safe: A Medical facial is always done under supervision or by an expert dermatologist and there is no question of skin damage or burns.
- Having unique formulations for medical skin concerns. These active formulations work faster and show good results. The skin care expert has the freedom to chose the potency of the ingredients.
- Encouraging long term skin care since these skin treatments are done in a clinic, you will be given prescriptions skin care to maximize the benefits resulting in better and more efficient skin care.
Medi-facials give immediate results and still continue to heal the skin from inside. They are suitable for any men or women who are worried about as specific skin aliment. In order to chose the right Medi facial it is important to consult a dermatologist and understand the procedure to make an informed decision.
The skin expert will take into account your skin type, lifestyle, medical history and the current state of your skin and skin goas for the future before recommending the best facial formulation for the skin. To help you understand what constitutes in a typical Medi facial, here is a list and description of the techniques used and the types of facials offered by top dermatologists
The skin specialist can use various techniques like
- LED therapy which uses red and blue light therapy to reach the inner layers of the skin to help stimulate skin tightening and reduce the signs of ageing.
- Dermaplaning or microplanning gently removes or exfoliates the top layer of the skin to clear the clogged pores and improve cell turnover.
- Chemical peels are a way of chemical skin exfoliation to reduce the superficial signs of ageing and even out the skint texture.
- Microdermabrasion is the highly advanced exfoliation technique in which the top layer of the skin is gently removed using crystals or a diamond tipped exfoliation device.
- Mesotherapy: This is a procedure in which vitamins and nutrients are injected in the skin layers using microneedles. This way the delivery is direct to the target areas.
- Photo rejuvenation
- Dermatologists use electroporation to help the serum penetrate deeper in the skin for better and effective results.
Types of Medi facials
Here is a list of some of the most popular Medical facials.
These are the most popular of Medi facials aimed to add hydration to the skin. This type of facial includes deep cleansing and exfoliation using chemicals like glycolic and salicylic acid. The process removes blackheads, whiteheads and cleans out the pores by removing the dead skin cells. Active serums used in hydra facial are peptides, vitamin C, arbutin, to sooth the fine lines and improve skin elasticity and the technique used is LED light therapy to treat acne and inflammation and lymphatic draining to remove toxins from the skin. Hydra facial is very effective for people with oily or acne prone skin and gives an immediate plumping effect on the skin.
Korean glass skin facial
This is the new age Medi Facial is a five-step procedure that will give you a glass looking Korean skin in no time at all. This facial involves cleaning the skin, a facial massage, dermabrasion and then application of serum and moisturization to deeply hydrate the skin and give it a glassy look. Korean skin facial brightens the skin and lends it a translucent glow free of signs of ageing.
Deep cleansing facial
This much needed Medical Facial pampers your skin in the best possible way. It include cleansing, exfoliation, removal of blackheads and whiteheads, stem to open the pores and clean out the debris, and a relaxing facial massage to improve circulation and drainage from the skin. This deep cleansing facial also help prevent further build-ups under the skin. This is a great facial for people bothered by oily and congested skin.
Aging is the biggest woe of a healthy skin. ageing is not only about lines and wrinkles but it also causes saggy, dry and dehydrated skin that takes the sparkle away. An anti-ageing facial includes skin healing procedures such as cleansing with vitamin C cleanser, then an high speed micro jet exfoliation, followed by an enzyme infused chemical peel and serum to reduce the signs of ageing and improve collagen in skin. other ingredients used include micro hyaluronic acid, seaweed extracts, etc that keep the skin hydrated for long. Anti-ageing facials can also include Botox and dermal fillers to add volume to the skin.
Fire and ice facial
As the name suggests this is an intensive clinical treatment that includes a series of hot and cold treatments to the patient. The basic steps include cleansing, resurfacing, and moisturizing the skin. This facial is recommended for people who are bothered by the fine lines, wrinkles and uneven texture on the skin. The benefit is recharged cell turnover, supple and smoother skin and visible reduced fine lines, hyperpigmentation and wrinkles.
The fire part is a special mask that causes mild burning sensation on the skin. This mask is a hydrating and removes debris clogging the pores and contains ingredients like niacin, retinol, botanical acids, clay. The ice part of the facial is another mask that soothes the skin and it contains hyaluronic acid, rosemary and green tea extracts to ensure deep moisturization and hydration for the skin.
Nutraceutical Facial or OML facial
This new age Medi facial uses an oxygen bubble created using high pressure, microdermabrasion and LED light therapy to inject serums in to deep layers of the skin. The aim of this facial is to manage fine lines, wrinkles, and other skin disorders. This facial enables high level of collagen production and results in an even complexion skin. it is suitable for people looking to correct signs of ageing and hyperpigmentation on the skin.
Hollywood/Bollywood/ Red Carpet Facials
As the same indicates this facial gives you the clear, glowing and bright looking skin just like your favourite celebrity. If you are struggling with blackheads, fine lines and uneven complexion then this is the perfect choice for you. The steps include exfoliation, use of laser light to encourage collage production and reduce signs of ageing.
Results of Medi Facials
Though you can see immediate change in your skin after the facial treatment but the actual rejuvenation on the skin will be fully visible in about 10-15 days. The dermatologists will give you instructions and recommend nourishing products that will ensure long term effects of the facials. The results of a Medi facials include
- Reduced inflammation and anti-bacterial effect on the skin
- Tighter and firmer skin
- Evened out complexion and soft and supple skin
- Relaxed and stress-free skin
Medi facials are painless and non-invasive and there is no downtime. Your skin specialist will also recommend the number of sittings needed to get the desired effect on the face. Medi facials can be repeated after four to six weeks in most cases.
Medi Facial treatment cost
A Medi Facial treatment cost varies depending on many factors such as
- Your skin concern and the type of facial treatment
- The number of treatment sessions needed
- Location of the clinic
- Experience level of the practitioner
- The advance levels of treatments used in the facial such as chemical peels, microdermabrasion and laser skin resurfacing
Many clinics offer Medi facial treatment packages that include full multiple sessions and follow ups. But these procedures are not covered by insurance so make sure you talk to the clinic about payment plans and available promotions.